|Self-checkout, sorting system||3M Library Systems,
P.V. SUPA Ltd
Nedap Library Solutions
|Self-checkout, sorting system||Codeco, Lyngsoe Systems Group A/S,
MK Sorting Systems GmbH
|Self-checkout||Bibliotheca Group||Betax, d.o.o.|
|Self-checkout||Datascan, d.o.o.||Datascan, d.o.o.|
IZUM does not issue certificates regarding the full compatibility of an individual supplier's devices with the COBISS system. There is no complete and reliable list of devices (of locations of installed devices). The list was created on the basis of information acquired by certain libraries and suppliers.
We advise libraries to ask the supplier to test the device in the library test environment (see procedure) before buying the device. The same is true for devices included in the above list.
Instructions for device suppliers and manufacturers
In order to guarantee full integration of RFID devices when lending and returning sets (simultaneous processing of a large number of units) in the COBISS system you should comply with terms and conditions in the instructions.
Connecting a device for automated loan (self-checkout, lending kiosk, sorting system, etc.) with the COBISS system via the SIP2 protocol:
- The library sends IZUM a request for the creation of a test environment with a SIP2 server at the library's or supplier's location and cooperates with the supplier in the test phase. In case of problems, the library puts the supplier in touch with IZUM.
- The supplier performs the testing in cooperation with the library.
- The library sends IZUM a request to set up a SIP2 server in the production environment.
- The library puts the supplier in touch with IZUM in order to arrange the proper device settings.
- The library confirms the proper functioning in the production environment.